New Child Welfare Laws
Legislative Update: HB7065 was signed into law today, codifying a large child welfare package bill, which includes the following actions:
- creates grants to address the needs of fathers & increase mentorship for at-risk boys
- requires Florida’s child welfare system & home visit programs to increase services with and to fathers
- directs DCF to contract for a Responsible Fatherhood Initiative to provide resources and inspiration to enhance the positive involvement of fathers with their children
- requires DCF and the DJJ to identify children involved in both systems and report data to the legislature, including actions taken to better serve them
- requires DoR ro provide information to those having difficulty paying child support
- requires the DEO to expand programs serving noncustodial parents who are having difficulty paying child support.